This recipe is a homage to the traditional simplicity of gazpacho soup. Simple, creamy, and savory, this vegan Gazpacho Recipe will be a delight to your senses.
Remember to serve this cold. Gazpacho soup is cool and refreshing with a spicy kick!
We like gazpacho soup because we almost always have the ingredients on hand to make it, and it pairs well with just about anything. We think it pairs especially well with things that have a breaded texture, like the baked cornmeal and chips that top our Vegan Tamale Pie Recipe.
Prep Time and Serving Size
Total time: about 20 minutes
Serving size: 1 cup
Number of servings: about 6
Equipment and Utensils
- 3 large tomatoes
- 1 cucumber
- 1 green bell pepper
- 4 green onions
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1 ½ cup of tomato juice
- 2 tbsp. of balsamic vinegar
- ½ tsp. of salt
- ¼ tsp. of hot sauce
- Vegan sour cream or plain vegan yogurt
- Wash the tomatoes and cut them into quarters.
- Wash the cucumber and cut it into quarters. Remove the seeds.
- Wash the green pepper. Remove the core and seeds. Cut the pepper into quarters.
- Wash the green onions. Remove the tip of the white portion. Dice the remaining white and green portions of the onion.
- Peel and dice the garlic.
- Put the tomatoes, cucumber, green pepper, onion, and garlic into a food processor. Mix until all ingredients are in small uniform pieces.
- Transfer the mixture to a large airtight container.
- Add the tomato juice, balsamic vinegar, salt, and hot sauce. Stir well.
- Chill in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours before serving.
- Add a dollop of vegan sour cream or plain vegan yogurt before serving.
If you like this one, be sure to check out our other vegan recipes.