This Mushroom and Asparagus Risotto Recipe makes a creamy, satisfying dish that is good for both your palate and your health! Also, in our household, we consider this a “fancy” dish that is sure to impress your friends and family.
This goes great with a salad like our Asian Kale Salad Recipe.
Prep Time and Serving Size
Total time: about 1 hour
Prep time: about 15 minutes
Cook time: about 45 minutes
Serving size: about ½ cup
Number of servings: about 5
Equipment and Utensils
- Olive oil
- ½ of a yellow onion, finely sliced
- 1 clove of garlic, diced
- ½ bunch of asparagus, chopped
- ¾ cup of shiitake mushrooms, chopped
- ½ tsp. of dried thyme
- 1/8 tbsp. of onion powder
- ¼ tbsp. of salt
- 1/3 cup of white wine
- ½ cup of risotto rice
- 1 ¼ cup of vegetable broth
- ½ cup of spinach
- ½ of a green onion, diced
- Remove the base of the asparagus stalk and cut the asparagus into 1-inch pieces.
- Warm the olive oil in a large pan and add the asparagus. Cook until tender, about 7 minutes.
- Add the yellow onion, garlic, and shiitake mushrooms. Cook until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add the thyme, onion powder, and salt and stir the vegetable mixture well.
- Add the white wine and stir.
- Add the risotto rice and one cup of vegetable broth.
- Stir constantly. Add more broth when the broth has been absorbed by the rice. Continue stirring and repeat until the rice is tender.
- When the rice is tender, add the spinach.
- Keep stirring until all the liquid is absorbed.
- Rinse and dice the green onions and sprinkle on top as a garnish.
Be sure to check out our other vegan recipes.