This Tofu Breakfast Scramble Recipe makes a great, protein-filled breakfast that will help you start your day off right. We use this as a vegan replacement for scrambled eggs. It also goes great with toast or vegan pancakes or waffles and a piece of fruit. You will be satisfied for hours after eating this hearty and heart-healthy meal.
If you like this tofu breakfast scramble recipe, you will probably also really like our Tempeh Breakfast Sandwich Recipe. Both make for great breakfasts that pack large protein punches without the guilt.
We usually double or triple the recipe amounts and make a giant container full that we then eat whenever we want throughout the week. As you can imagine, this cuts down on our overall food prep time so we can spend our time doing more enjoyable things like eating!
Prep time: about 10 minutes
Cook time: about 20 minutes
Serving size: ¾ cup
Number of servings: 4
Equipment and Utensils
- 12 ounces firm tofu
- 1 bell pepper
- 8 ounces white mushrooms
- 3 cups fresh spinach
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. ground turmeric
- 1 whole-wheat pita or tortilla
- Wash bell pepper, mushrooms, and spinach.
- Chop bell pepper, sliced mushrooms, peel, and dice garlic.
- Drain, rinse and crumble tofu.
- In a skillet over medium heat, add olive oil and sauté the mushrooms, bell pepper, and garlic.
- When the mushrooms begin to brown and shrink to approximately half their original size, about 8 minutes.
- Add tofu, salt, and pepper. Continue stirring frequently.
- Cook for about 8 minutes. When the tofu, spices, and veggies are mixed well and heated evenly, mix in the turmeric.
- After the tofu attains a uniform yellowish color, mix in the spinach. Cook until the spinach is tender and has shrunk to a fraction of its original size.
- Serve wrapped in a whole-wheat tortilla or a whole wheat pita.
Be sure to check out our other vegan recipes.