This refreshing pasta salad is a great meal for a warm summer day! The combination of colors, textures, and flavors makes this vegan vermicelli salad a guaranteed crowd-pleaser.
Consider the ingredients of this salad as a suggestion. The savory Asian-inspired dressing goes great with any veggie! Feel free to mix and match until you find your favorite combination.
Prep Time and Serving Size
- Prep time: 30 minutes
- Cook time: 10 minutes
- Total time: 40 minutes
- Portion size: 1 1/2 cups
- Number of servings: 4
Equipment and Utensils
- Cutting board
- Chefs knife
- Measuring spoons
- Measuring cups
- Large pot
- Small bowl
- Wisk or fork
- Mixing spoon
- Large mixing bowl
Vermicelli Salad Ingredients
- 8-ounce box vermicelli rice noodles
- 4 quarts water
- 1 cup diced purple cabbage
- Large cucumber
- 1 bell pepper
- 2 green onions
- 1 cup roasted peanuts
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro (optional)
Asian Inspired Salad Dressing Ingredients
- 1/4 cup soy sauce or tamari
- 2 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 teaspoon hot chili sauce
- Prepare the vermicelli noodles. Bring 4 quarts of water to a boil. Add the noodles to the boiling water. Boil for 2 to 4 minutes. (Preparation instructions may differ depending on the brand. Prepare your noodles per package instructions.) Drain the noodles and rinse them with cold water to cool. Refrigerate noodles before serving.
- Clean and prepare the vegetables. Dice the purple cabbage, bell pepper, and green onions. Next, quarter the cucumber then slice into small triangles.
- Mix the ingredients for the Asian-inspired salad dressing in a small bowl. Then, whisk together until ingredients are well blended. The ingredients will separate, be sure to stir the salad dressing before serving.
- Prepare the toppings. Roughly chop the peanuts and set them aside. Rinse and chop the cilantro and set aside.
- Place the cold noodles and chopped vegetables into a large mixing bowl. Gently toss the noodles and vegetables until all the ingredients are evenly distributed.
- Drizzle the salad dressing over the noodles and vegetables. Mix the dressing into the salad until the ingredients are evenly coated.
- Divide the vermicelli salad between bowls and top with chopped peanuts and cilantro.
Be sure to check out our other delicious vegan recipes!